Monday, July 15, 2013

How's your hearing?



‘Sometimes a man wants to be stupid if it lets him do a thing his cleverness forbids’ - John Steinbeck

The above quote sums up our human potential to get into trouble! It reminded me how in war communication is a strategic tool. Get it wrong people die. Mishear a directive and it can be the difference between winning or losing the war. In the same way it’s vital we hear our Commanding Officer, Jesus.  I have to confess there are times in my life when I blatantly knew I was doing wrong and didn’t want to hear God. I clapped my hands over my lugholes and carried on only to come a cropper down the line; not only that, others became casualties as a result of my actions.

Wilful sin causes spiritual distortion in our ability to hear. A bit like a short wave radio that’s not tuned in, it renders our conscience fuzzy preventing effective communication and that can cost lives. Our short term pleasure can have serious long term consequences. we need to keep the air waves clear to hear the Holy Spirit saying - this is the way walk in it. Not only do we need direction we need encouragement refreshing, hope, love and more...


 Proverbs 8:33-34a “Hear my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. Blessed is he who listens to me…” 

In the battle for your soul how’s your hearing?



hugs Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment