Monday, July 23, 2012

Which way's best?

Life is a journey from one point to another. We are born, we live, we die... I know that sounds rather stark. I guess it's the nutshell description of this process we call life. I've just returned from a week in Cornwall (It's sooo like Ireland)! I'd never been there before and loved the walks along the beaches and cliff tops. A number of times I got a bit off track and found myself wondering which is the best way to back to the path. I'd been following a sunset or watching a boat sail out and before I realized - there I was, away off alone. You see when you're in unfamiliar territory you can be distracted by the newness and wonder of your surroundings; it's easy to loose your way because the points of reference you'd usually use aren't there. Each day is new and although life has reference points and certain elements of predictability we often have no exact road map for the journey. We need to be alert to the voice - or often in my case the kick on the butt - of the Holy Spirit saying this is the way walk in it...

The direction you take really matter's as you journey. Are you walking with purpose? Are you going towards something useful, life bringing and fruit bearing? Holiday's are a great time to audit your private world, to take stock and evaluate the direction you're going. I hope this summer when you get a break you can find time to consider which ways best for you and if necessary make some changes to the direction of your walk.

Hugs Ruth x





1 comment:

  1. Thank you, this is a lovely post. There are some really good thoughts here about how "time apart" can impact our lives and affect our choices of the way we use our time.

    ReplyDelete