Monday, July 2, 2012

Sail away with me?

Let's face it, we all like to have a sense of control over our own lives don't we? we like to go to a restaurant and choose for ourselves what we'll have to eat. We like to get up in the morning and decide which clothes to wear or what cereal to eat. We choose the words we say and sometimes we choose to have a less than God glorifying attitude... doh! We think we know how to navigate our lives well but really without Jesus we're lost. The bible tells me each one of my days is held in the palm of my Father's hand, that He has positioned each step I take and He knows the plans He has for me. It's good to remind ourselves of this because at times it can feel like we're adrift - bobbing around on a big ocean with no control, or direction, no provisions and no land for miles... (A pretty hopeless scenario eh?)


Life will bring times of major change - redundancy, starting a new school or job, birth or bereavement, relocation, loss of memory or mobility. So in the changing tides of life isn't it good to know that you're not alone. Isn't it good to know there is one who is in control of the wind not just the rudder! Not only that He is a God of precision, purpose and the most amazing unconditional love for you. Can I encourage you today in the midst of change not to abandon hope but trust in the one who's already in control... 


Love Ruth x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your message, Ruth, just what I need at this time! It's good to read posts like these that encourage us and fill us with new hope.

    ReplyDelete