Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Why there will be dogs in Heaven...

How cute is Max? This is his prayer position. When I Have my prayer time in the morning he knows I'm busy and resigns himself to the fact that his ears will be unruffled for a while. He's not stupid playing to his strengths and my weakness, he assumes the 'I'm going to lie here on my paws and blink up at you periodically with my big soft brown eyes full of love' position! 
He is part of our family, we have relationship with him, he blesses our world. To me he is a surrogate child who models many things which reinforce all that is good about being in relationship with our wonderful God. Things like unconditional love, obedience and joy of life. He also models few unmentionable things too which reflect our own human condition. Mmm...let's just leave that one at greed...  well, he is a Labrador! 

In Romans it reminds us that this world isn't it. It reminds us that there is a world yet to come of which all creation groans and longs for. Romans 8:21 'Everything in creation is more or less being held back God reigns it in, until both creation and all the creatures are are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead' - The Message Bible. 

One day, a day known only to God, all of the fragmentation of this broken world will come together and in Him be made whole. All of creation, even our pooches will know no decay instead the glorious world that Our Father has designed for us; a new world where we are together in hope and united in love. I'm kinda glad Max has a prayer position because he reminds me submitted, humbled and looking up adoringly at Jesus is a good position to be in.

Hugs Ruth x 






No comments:

Post a Comment