Monday, September 3, 2012

Hidden Prison..?

  T
The word  'freedom' is often bandied about in Christians circles, which is cool because when you make Jesus your best friend He helps you disentangle the mess sin hurts your world with. The things we need to be freed from may seem obvious at first - drinks drugs and rock n rock? But I think these might be red herrings to our focus. You see obvious sin is easy to deal with in many respects because it's right there in your face. However the Devil isn't stupid, he knows if you scaffold a lie onto a truth so it becomes a half truth, a plausible thing, it's more easily accepted. He is and always has been a liar, a con-artist... who wants to hold us back from our God destined purpose. God's been showing me recently how there are areas in my life in which I am still imprisoned. Yes after 20 yrs of loving Jesus!!! I asked myself this very simple question (God's Holy Spirit really is beautiful in His simplicity) "what's the thing that I find myself revisiting time and time again that shrinks my spirit"? I'll be honest with you the thing I struggle with is a sense of failure - am I making any difference for my Father in Heaven at all? I do honestly hope so...

Anyho... God's been showing me how the enemy uses hidden chords to keep us going round in circles so we have a sense of movement but actually we're going nowhere. I know a lady who struggles with self-pity which imprisons her in a place of ingratitude and despair. I know someone else who's been very hurt by someone they loved and they can't move forward because they keep looking back and revisiting the past pain. What I'm coming to see is we revisit these areas of weakness for a reason... that's God wants us to get victory so we can go to the next level. We need to change our response when we find ourselves in the same rat whole again. I want to give 2 keys to unlock the doors which we keep closed. 1) identify what is it keeps coming back to bite you on the bum and write it down on a piece of paper and stick it in your bible 2) change your response - if you go into your hole and hide get out go be with people - if hopelessness drags you down get up! get your bible and declare the promises of God over your world (this is what proper bible bashing is!) Let's not keep going round in circles - let's go out and take ground for His Glory.

Love Ruth x


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,
    I found this blog post very useful and can identify my bum biter instantly :-) I hadn't thought of writing it down and putting it in my Bible - I will try that :-)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Christine, may you look that sucker in the eye and have victory in Jesus name hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete