Monday, April 30, 2012

Who's the Leader?

I love the Disney cartoon the 'Aristocats' in it there's two hound dogs who are always set on their next hunt. One is an old dog whose power of smell no longer functions and the other is a young dog who makes up for his lack of experience with enthusiasm. As they launch into yet another chase the older one, still keen to assert his seniority drawls "I'm the leader"! they're hilarious and very endearing... The thing is leader's aren't defined by a title or what they say, they're not defined by their popularity or intellect. Leader's are defined by what they do.

In the Book of  Samuel we can read how God is much more interested in Saul's heart attitude than what he says. God wants to know when the rubber hits the road are we going to obey His word, His lead or do things our way? I know I'm tempted to compromise what I know are God's standards all the time. I need God to develop my character to a point where I'm more like an obedient sheep dog than our lovable hound dogs. I need to say with everything in me THY WILL be done and mean it! Because He wants the very best for each one of us God makes His standards, His leadership clear in His word. He doesn't compromise on sin and He leads us in His way, which keeps us in His truth, which brings forth life into our lives. Ask yourself ~ who's the leader.... me or God?

Love Ruth x


No comments:

Post a Comment