Monday, April 23, 2012

When you don't know what to do!


So you're paddling along the stream of life - busy negotiating such rapids as your job, possibly children, ironing, fixing the dishwasher, church stuff, exercise, relationships, sleep, cleaning and the rest... in short the stuff of life we've all gotta do but hey you're a W.O.M.A.N... as the songs says! However what do you do when you're there in you're canoe and something gets thrown in to the mix that feels completely beyond you? Something that is so huge even the stream stops flowing!

First thing to do is step back take a deep breath and remember God knew this was gonna happen. Nothing ever surprises Him...Park the canoe and go and find a quiet place to be with the one who loves you the most. Focus on Him not the issue (when you have a big God you have small problems but when you're perception of God is small you're problems will seem huge). Speak out loud the truth of God's word... here's 1 of my Fav's -  Psalm18 'I love you oh Lord my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress [strong safe place] and my deliver [answer]: my God is my rock, in whom I can take refuge. He is my shield [protection] and the strength of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord who is worthy of praise and I am saved'. I love that simply calling out to Jesus in our time of need opens up pathways of power for the very best solution to be found. Praise God He has given us a brain and we need to use it. What does the bible say about the issue? What will bring life? and what are the motives of your heart, are they grounded in love?

More often than not it really is simple ... Just do the next right thing!

love Ruth x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment