Monday, February 28, 2011

press through

'Yes again and again and again and again, I'll press through and praise your name'

This is the first line of a song I wrote and I was reminded of it this week. At times praise is quite simply has to be a decision, a choice rather than a feeling. As I write this my precious little sister has cancer and is walking through the shadow of the valley, the last thing I feel like doing is praising God. But here's the thing I have a need to praise Him because He inhabits the praises of His people and I need Him close to me in the pain of suffering.

When we praise God in the midst of awfulness we're reminded of the eternal dynamic of our world. God is good, He is love, He is ALWAYS in control and He is closest to us when we least realize it. If you're struggling to praise, stick on a c.d. or read some words of life (the bible) and know precious child Jesus care very much, He hears you and He is with you...

big hugs Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment