Monday, April 15, 2013

How to be offended and Grow!



Flint sharpens flint it tells us in Proverbs 27:17 that is the things in life that are hard to accept can be our greatest gift.

I once didn't go to an aerobics class for 2 weeks because I took a stupid offence   I had phoned to say I was unable to attend and the receptionist was a bit shirty with me so I didn't go back. For two whole weeks I felt aggrieved by her attitude, for two whole weeks I felt annoyed, for two whole weeks I wasted thoughts, time and peace because another person was rude to me; so I missed out on what was good for me.  Moreover I realised the destructive potential to our lives fed through offence  You see offence is really veiled pride and what I've learned over the years is the amount to which you feel offence is an indicator of how much pride you have yet to rid yourself of.

Where I see relational division I see the enemy at work. It is good for us to do life together - we are created for social interaction with the help of the Holy Spirit. Folks it is good for us to get rubbed up the wrong way from time to time and have our opinions challenged and our comfort zones developed. Proverbs 19:11 says ‘it is to a man’s glory to overlook an offence'. I pray the Lord will continue to help me purge myself of the pride which so easily entangles the soul and robs me of the present joy of knowing Jesus.

Hugs Ruth x  




2 comments: