Monday, January 7, 2013

AMEN...! But do you agree really?

Photo courtesy of istock images
You probably know the word Amen means 'I heartily agree'. I find as I catch the news, other people's conversations in coffee shops, or read things, I'm evaluating what's been communicated all the time. It sort of happens automatically probably because all these dynamics of communication are quite obvious and in the external realm. But what about the internal... I wonder what are you communicating with yourself? The start of a new year often carries with it a sense of personal audit, goal setting and self reflection. With this in mind I've been very aware of some of the internal agreements I've been making and some aren't so good.

You see many of my close friends are women who've achieved great success in there various careers which is great and I genuinely admire and applaud them. I however do not earn an income for the work I do, blogging, writing, speaking, running self esteem courses. Recently a number of people in conversations have (totally unintentionally I'm sure) kinda dismissed what I do saying 'yes well, you don't work so...' I have to be real with you here guys, over the last few weeks I've been feeling like a failure. I've been working this through with my Jesus and He reminded me I am defined by how God sees me and who He says I am. So what - if the world looks at me and sees and I quote 'just a housewife' (if you're a stay at home Mum or house keeper I salute you)!

People, the power of agreement is well documented in scripture; when we agree with the wrong stuff it can seriously affect our spiritual health. Our enemy is alert, cunning and subtle in the strategies he uses to bring us down. Joyce Meyer says 'we need to agree with Heaven not Hell about who we are'. What have you been saying yes and amen to? Song of songs 2:4 speaks of God's provision and our identity found in His love - 2 Cor 5:17 reminds us we are new creations free from the past and Eph 5:8 tells us we are children of light. Deut 28:13 says we are winners not losers, the head and not the tail. Rom 8:37 tells us we are more than over comers / conquerors in Christ. Perhaps the most important area we evaluate this new year is the one between our ears.  Lets start this year agreeing with what God says - He's always right!

hugs Ruth x


p.s. If you're running an event you'd like me to speak at email me at lovedrops with your details and I'll get in touch love Ruth x










No comments:

Post a Comment