Monday, February 20, 2012

Danger Woman Rushing!


Doh...! The last 2 weeks have been pretty manic in my world. I had a sermon to write and give, two kids who are mess magnets I know what I should do but it's easier just to clean up myself. I had pastoral 'stuff', a Labrador who is lovely but needs exercised and when he doesn't get enough empties the contents of the bin all over the floor. I had meetings to attend, rotas to email, work on my new book to do, grocery shopping - It's very quiet in the supermarket at 10:30pm! I had to put up 6 of the Watoto choir (which was a total blessing) and an essay to write for a theology course I'm doing...

Well surprise surprise I'm not sure if I did any of these things particularly well. The thing about doing too much is that you end up rushing and feeling dissatisfied because you know it's not your best. Not only that we open ourselves up to danger because we overlook important things like turning our car lights on when driving home from said supermarket... (thanks to the person who flashed me)

Girls we are not superwoman - Jesus never rushed... as I sit here I'm proud to say I'm still in my pajamas.... Me and Jesus are having a waggy day and I really do hope with His help I can be productive and do what needs to be done this week without rushing.

Do you have any tips for time management? Do post a comment I'm sure we'd all be blessed !

Love Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment